by Anas Alhassani
The Van Houten Gas Station, located in Clarence, Missouri, is home to memorabilia and mannequins. In 1957, owners Lyle and Anna Louis Van Houten built the gas station. It started as D-X station, then Sunoco, and lastly MFA. In 1998, the couple decided to retire and turn the gas station into a museum and a home for their new hobby: collection. Since then, the couple has collected artifacts like classic cars, signs, and other relics of the area. In this video, Anas explores the museum and interviews owner Anna.